To a large extent, blogging is essentially about sharing your immediate emotions, reactions, and opinions. It is no wonder that blogging h...
To a large extent, blogging is essentially about sharing your immediate emotions, reactions, and opinions. It is no wonder that blogging has been developing more or less simultaneously with the spread of smartphones and tablet PCs, - because having such a gadget at hand at all times allows you to blog one the go, to take pictures and make videos, and upload them instantly.
Many bloggers use the browsers on their phone to do that. However, blogging on the go could not go unnoticed by the app developers, and they have come up with some killer apps to make your mobile blogging even easier and more enjoyable.
Here are our top 5 mobile apps to facilitate your blogging on the go:
- WordPress AppWordpress remains the world's most popular blogging platform because it provides a user-friendly environment and it is highly customizable. So, it was only a matter of time for them to come up with a mobile app of their own.It allows you to work with your blog from your mobile device, regardless of whether you are using WordPress hosting or a third-party hosting service. You can create new posts and update the existing ones, as well as upload pictures and videos. Basic formatting options are also available, as well as the possibility to add categories, tags, post format and status. You can even set the publication date if you want the post to go online at a custom time and date, and not immediately.WordPress App is available for both iOS and Android.
- QuicklyticsThe point of mobile devices is the chance to stay online at all times. And when you are a blogger, you would like to use this chance to always keep track of your blog's statistics. Basically, that's all there is to it.But it's not about the stats themselves, it's about what you can do when you have permanent access to your blog's stats. Keeping your hand on the pulse allows you to never miss a trend.For example, imagine yourself on vacation, relaxing by the swimming pool, idling. Because you have nothing to do, you slide to unlock your phone just for the sake of it, you roll through your apps until you finally open Quicklytics, - and there it is! You find that one of your recent or not-so-recent posts is literally booming in popularity. You can instantly develop on that. You can expand on the topic by following the suddenly popular trend and immediately putting up a new blog post on the same theme, thus, attracting even more attention from your readership.Unfortunately, Quicklytics is currently only available for iOS, but there are similar apps for Android.
- HootsuiteThis app is centered around social media. It is already quite popular, and its popularity is constantly growing. It allows you to manage your blog (or several) and share posts on social media one by one or in bulk, immediately or in a pre-set time. You can also monitor the likes and shares, and respond to the comments to interact with your audience wherever you are and whenever you like.With such functional, it is no wonder that this app has become a real rock star.Hootsuite is available for both Android and iOS.
- WriterWriting a piece on your phone is indeed a challenging thing to do. All those notifications and other distractions are there, lined up to prevent your piece from happening.Writer is a writing app that takes over your screen to help you to get that writing done. This way, you can focus on your writing without being distracted too much. Its range of functions is a bit limited if comparing to writing software for PC or Mac, but it still has everything needed to write a great blog post: there are headers, fonts, bullets and numbered lists, etc.Writer, in particular, is only available for Android, but you will surely find similar apps in AppStore.
- Photo Editor by AviaryWhen you want to write a blog post about your immediate impressions of something, it is often a must to back it up with a freshly taken photo. So, the photo you've just snapped is ok, but it could still use a touch or two here and there.You can prepare your photo for posting with Photo Editor. If you want to fix the horizon, you can rotate your photo and crop it. If you have a slow connection but want to speed up the uploading, you can resize the image. Among other available functions are captions, drawings, effects, etc.Photo Editor by Aviary is available for both iOS and Android.
Today, it is becoming more and more important to be able to manage your blog on the go and to keep posting anywhere and at any time. With these apps, you have heads-up.
Shayan Carlson is freelance blogger and marketing enthusiast loves to write about education, lifestyle and travel the world.