High-quality product, dedicated customer support, attractive online shop and impressive marketing campaign are some of the components to ...
High-quality product, dedicated customer support, attractive online shop and impressive marketing campaign are some of the components to achieve success. To make the online marketing and search engine optimization activities more effective, the URL structure needs to be readable and easy to understand.
To help you mold the URL structure according to the best practices, we are sharing some valuable tips below.
- Add Simple WordsRegardless of the technical and unique products, you offer, add simple words that represent the company or brand quickly rather than a layman search for the meaning of a jargon or what it stands for.
- Beautify the URLsThe beauty of URLs lies in the cleanliness of IDs, codes, and special characters. Most of the blogging and eCommerce platforms add a generic code to the URL which needs to be removed either manual or through a useful plugin like SEO URL PrestaShop.
- Remove DuplicationIf two or more URLs are directing to a single page, the search engines will take it as the same content is published on different pages. The result could be a duplication penalty or a decline in rankings. Remove the duplicate URLs with canonical tags.
- Include Business KeywordsCustomers guess the nature of a business from its URL. To help them easily find your niche, include your main keywords into the link addresses.
- Create a Matching TitleA matching page title with the URL makes you credible in SERPs. A mismatched title will no longer achieve a higher click through rate as the users will be unable to decide either to go with the title or the link.
- Expel Stop WordsA search robot is unable to read the stop words that are and, or, of, but, the, etc. in a URL. Expel them right now and use a meaningful phrase instead.
- Limit the number of FoldersFor the convenience of customers, merchants often add an excessive number of folders to better navigate the products. It may do more harm than good as it keeps include more clicks to reach the product page.
- Use hyphen to separate wordsA product name needs to be separated for an enhanced readability. Use hyphens for doing so rather than underscore or dots.
- Set the redirections wiselyIn pursuit of getting more page views, webmaster keeps the users in a loop through redirections. It is a bad practice and needs to be abandoned.
- Preferring between WWW and non-WWWThe WWW and non-WWW version of your business website are examined as different by the search engines. Set a redirection or add one of them as a preferred URL.
Given below the presentation of these points in a colorful infographic compiled by FMEModules.
Infographic by – FME Modules
Alastair Brian writer from "FMEModules" - a brand well known for top of the line reliable PrestaShop Add-ons, themes, extensions and services.